Sunday 24 June 2012

"Chooks for Katrina"

Wow, I haven't posted on my blog wall for ages but then have had a lot going on. I have heaps of projects started so I really have to get in and finish them so that is my plan for the school holidays,
Anyways.......
this is a 3 piece canvas that I have done for my wonderful sister - in - law who loves her chickens. I saw a tutorial on using paper napkins on a canvas so decided to give it a go. I have used some Dusty attic chicken panels which I altered with texture paste, paint and embossing powder. I really love how they turned out.
I just realised when I photographed this that the rooster is not sitting in the middle so I will have to do that one again before I give them to her in a couple of weeks time. If anyone has any ideas on what else I could do, please let me know, I just feel they are missing something, maybe some flowers or something





1 comment:

  1. They look awesome Ree :) I agree with you that maybe a little more embellishment would finish them off ... but I'm wondering maybe something a little more earthy than flowers? Maybe something inspired by dirt, or straw, or a rustic wooden barn?? Just thoughts to help out :)

    ReplyDelete